Prepare yourself for the BEST Meatball recipe! Black Garlic adds AMAZING depth of flavor, and gelatin gives the PERFECT texture. Want to learn more about Black Garlic? Click Here
Why Homemade Meatballs
If you’ve ever made meatballs from scratch, you know they are worlds better than frozen, premade ones. If you’ve never made meatballs yourself, don’t worry, it’s not hard and is definitely worth the extra effort!
You can modify the types of meat and their fat ratios as desired. Don’t worry about using the leanest grinds of beef or turkey because you’re cooking them on a wire rack, so the fat is going to drip off anyways.
This recipe makes about 40 meatballs. Great for a party or freezing some for later!
Black Garlic Meatballs
If you've ever made meatballs from scratch, you know they are worlds better than frozen, premade ones. If you've never made meatballs yourself, don't worry,it's not hard and is definitely worth the extra effort!
- 2 ¼ cups about 6 ounces panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk One cup of plain yogurt thinned with ½ cup milk can be substituted for the buttermilk. Or I keep buttermilk powder in the pantry to reconstitute whenever I need it for a recipe!
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork or pork sausage
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 1 to 1 ½ bulbs Black Garlic peeled and smashed with fork
- 1 ½ teaspoons powdered gelatin dissolved in 3 tablespoons cold water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Place wire racks in 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets. Adjust oven racks to lower-middle and upper-middle positions and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs and buttermilk in large bowl and let sit, mashing occasionally with fork, until smooth paste forms (panade), about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, parmesan, Black Garlic, onion, gelatin, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to breadcrumb mixture.
- Using hands, thoroughly mix meat and bread crumb mixture until well combined. Gently form into 1 ½ ounces balls. Continue to form approximately 40 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on wire racks in prepared trays, evenly spaced.
- Roast until browned, about 20 minutes or internal temp reads 165 degrees, rotating trays from front to back and top to bottom halfway through.
Shop Our Gourmet Pantry!
Try Out a New Recipe
Roasted Delicata Squash
Every year around this time… Fall that is… I CRAVE Squash. Whether that be pumpkin pies or butternut squash soup or heaven forbid chemically enhanced pumpkin spice latte's. One recipe...
Healthy Orange Chicken Stir-fry
Looking for a guilt-free Orange Chicken Recipe that still satisfies your cravings? This recipe incorporates so many orange components, from the zest, and juice, to the orange vinegar that is...
Just wanted to throw this up a website quickly and update it later. At some recent events, we've been serving a batched version of this N/A Cocktail to highlight the...
Let’s Call It… Cocktail #6
Let's just call it Cocktail Number 6. Here at Kismet Refining, we always like to play around when we are inspired. Full Recipe - Join Jules recently made a spicy...
Strawberry Lucky Duck – Make This Gin Spritz!
Move Over Aperol and Campari... this Amaro Gin Spritz is a delightful crowd-pleaser! 'Spritz Season' has been in full swing for a while now, but this one focuses on fresh...
Some of our Favorites!
Caramelized Apple Vinegar
We cook our apples for 10 weeks until they are fully blackened and caramelized. We then crush and ferment them into a delightful vinegar that can be sipped smoothly on...
With sweet, tangy notes of caramel & honey, this 100% pure Orange Vinegar is an instant hit! Use it as a base for a marinade or to elevate a sparkling...
Black Garlic Balsamic Vinegar
All garlic, no grape, this balsamic vinegar is like nothing you have ever tasted! Rich, caramelized, and nutty with just a bit of sweetness to balance the acidity. Our signature...
Orange Spice Olive Brine
Be better than a bar... This brine was developed to be the ultimate mixer for dirty martini lovers. Our tomato vinegar was elegantly layered with black olives, orange peel, and...
Black Garlic Michelada
Our small-batch vinegars and fresh, fermented ingredients create a standout mixer that is exceptionally flavorful & utterly unique. Also, fantastic on its own over ice. We hope you enjoy our...
This vinegar is one of our favorites for mixing with drinks! Try it with lemonade, add to a gin & tonic, but also makes a delicious marinade and salad dressing...
A Premium Non-Alcoholic Aperitif - Enjoy our tantalizing, floral, Hibiscus vinegar layered with dried artichokes along with a custom blend of bittering herbs and roots. Think similar vein to Cynar...