Hard seltzers are really having their moment with just about every alcohol brand making one these days. And while I can totally get behind them as a lighter, go-to option, most are rather lacking in flavor. If you’re looking to kick your hard seltzer up a notch, adding Hibiscus vinegar is a must-try!
Hibiscus Vinegar$12.00 – $22.00
Before you say—Eww, vinegar—This isn’t your typical vinegar. We small-batch ferment it in such a way to retain a bit of residual sugar, so it tastes balanced. Vinegar is just another form of acid. Think about how a lime or lemon squeeze can brighten a drink. That’s what Hibiscus vinegar does, just with a different flavor profile. It’s also great for your gut health!
As long as you’re taking the extra effort and making your hard seltzer into something Truly enjoyable, why not add a sugar rim? We created this product because we strive to be zero-waste with our vinegar production, and the hibiscus flowers are still so delicious and have even more flavor after being fermented that we had to do something with them! If you like sweet and tart, you’ll absolutely love this.
Hard Hibiscus Spritz
- 1 oz Hibiscus Vinegar
- 1 Hard Seltzer
- Hibiscus Sugar for the Rim
- Moisten the lip of a tall Collins Glass with a lime or lemon wedge
- Roll rim in Hibiscus Sugar in a small dish to apply
- Fill glass with medium to small ice
- Pour in Hard Seltzer, leaving room for Vinegar
- Pour in Hibiscus Vinegar
- Gently stir and top to the brim with any leftover seltzer.
- Make it your... Add more vinegar or less how ever you like.
- Mix and match flavor profiles.
- Make it non-alchololic with sparkling water.