Vinegar in gelato? Are you crazy? You gotta try it to believe how good it is! We use Orange Vinegar to add acidity to balance the creaminess of the gelato perfectly and keep it refreshing for a hot summer day!
Tired of icy, hard homemade gelato? Modernist Pantry has the scientific goods for the home cook that commercial companies use to achieve the perfect texture every time! Yes, it adds additional steps and waiting time to the recipe. But what’s the point to make a recipe that’s going to be hard as a rock and frustrating once it’s time to eat it?
I love this quote so freaking much! I hate measuring things and this mentality is so freeing! Also; FYI, vanilla paste is the absolute bomb compared to vanilla extract. You need to get some- ASAP.
Mango Cardamon Gelato
- 3 cups frozen mango
- 4 cups half and half 1 quart
- 1/4 cup Orange Vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cardamon
- 1 Tea salt
- 1/2 Tea Perfect Gelato powder
- Vanilla Bean Paste AdLib approx 1 tea
- Place frozen mango and half and half in Vitamix or high-powered blender.
- Combine sugar, cardamon, salt, and perfect gelato powder in measuring cup, mixing well before adding to blender. Add vanilla paste.
- Blend thoroughly until completely smooth.
- Pour into stock pot and heat to 180° to activate thickening agents of Perfect Gelato powder.
- Pour back into blender and refrigerate until cold. Add to ice cream machine and follow machine's instructions.
- Freeze and enjoy your homemade, store-quality gelato!