Every cooking blog seems to have a banana bread recipe. Even America’s Test Kitchen has 5 different versions. I’ve debated writing about my banana bread recipe because I know it is an amalgamation of hundreds of recipes that I’ve looked over. Having made a really unique ingredient with our caramelized banana vinegar… Banana Bread has always been on our radar when it comes to telling people how to use it. This recipe is what I believe to be the best banana bread recipe out there if you take the time to comb over and combine what is unique on every other blog.
The goal is to make a very banana-forward-flavored bread, and we achieve that by utilizing our banana vinegar instead of vanilla and sprinkling the top with our banana sugar for a crystallized topping. To up the moist texture, we use a staple of pumpkin bread by incorporating cream cheese instead of milk or yogurt.
The BEST Banana Bread
- 20 oz of Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 5 oz of Sucanat
- 6 Ripe Bananas
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Banana Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Banana Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and microwave 6 bananas on covered on high
- Brown butter in a deep skillet
- Add coconut oil to browned butter
- Mash microwaved bananas into 1/2 inch chunks
- Add bananas to butter and oil mixture and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes
- Off heat add in cream cheese and whisk in mixture
- Let cool about 10 minutes
- Whisk in Banana Vinegar
- Prepare 2 loaf pans
- Mix flour and sugar
- Coat pans with butter and then toss the sugar/flour mix until evenly coated.
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Fold in cooled banana mixture
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes or until loafs register 200 degrees.
- Let rest in pans for 30 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.