- Reserved protein juices, from cooking in a pan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or Kismet Refining Black Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Kismet Refining Tomato Vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove the protein from the pan and let them rest on a plate or platter covered with foil in a warm spot.
- Pour off most of the fat from the pan, careful to leave the meat juices. You want a little bit of fat left in the pan.
- Add the chopped shallots or black garlic to the pan and sauté over medium-high heat until they turn slightly translucent.
- Add the Kismet Refining Tomato Vinegar and scrape all the little toasty bits away from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for vinegar has reduced by about half.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and chopped parsley.
- Whisk in the butter one tablespoon at a time and heavy cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the protein to the pan to warm.