Every year around this time… Fall that is… I CRAVE Squash. Whether that be pumpkin pies or butternut squash soup or heaven forbid chemically enhanced pumpkin spice latte’s.
One recipe that I make all the time is a quick pan roasted Delicata Squash recipe. It’s quick and it’s simple and is a great side dish or healthy snack when I’m foraging in my fridge.
Now that we have children, we’ve found that with a little pre-planning it is a fun messy, family activity as long as you follow the simple rules of not touching anything!
Try out this recipe next time fall rolls around and you start to see Delicata squash at your local market.
I highly recommend the Black Garlic Balsamic Vinegar. Not just cause it is a product that we make but because it is utterly unique and takes so many recipes to new and better places. Made of 100% Garlic and 0% grapes it is delightful nutty umami rich spike to anything your make. We have recipes for pastries, breads and even cocktails alongside classic dishes like this roasted Delicata Squash recipe.
Roasted Delicata Squash
- 2-3 Squash
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 3-5 Splashes of Black Garlic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Hearty Sprinkling of Umami Salt
- Slice & Core outS the seed of the Squash
- Cut iInto 1 inch rounds
- Coat fully the squash in oil, Black Garlic Balsamic and Umami Salt
- Roast at 420 Degrees for 20-30 min
- Flip Squash half-way thru roasting
- Let cool and serve slightly warm.